Hello people, Navratri has started. And today in this article we will know about 9 such foods which we can consume during fasting. And by consuming these foods, we can keep ourselves healthy. So without delay let’s move towards the article.
Here are 9 healthy food options:
- Sweet potato: Sweet potato is an excellent source of energy and nutrients, including vitamin A, fibre, and potassium.
- Samak rice: Samak rice or barnyard millet is a healthy alternative to regular rice, and it is gluten-free. It is a good source of energy, fibre, and B vitamins.
- Buckwheat flour: Buckwheat flour is a gluten-free flour that is rich in protein, fibre, and essential amino acids. It can be used to make pancakes, puri, or chapati.
- Sabudana: Sabudana is a popular food item consumed during Navratri fasting. It is a rich source of carbohydrates, and you can make dishes like sabudana khichdi, vada, or kheer using it.
- Fresh fruits: Fresh fruits are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and fibre. You can have fruits like bananas, apples, oranges, pomegranates, and grapes during the fast.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds like almonds, cashews, peanuts, and pumpkin seeds are great sources of protein, healthy fats, and fibre. You can consume them in moderation during the fast.
- Milk and dairy products: Milk, yoghurt, and paneer are good sources of protein, calcium, and other essential nutrients. You can consume them in moderation during the fast.
- Coconut water: Coconut water is a great source of hydration and is rich in electrolytes, potassium, and other essential nutrients. It can help you stay energized during the fast.
- Vegetables: Vegetables like potatoes, tomatoes, and cucumbers are also helpful to keep you healthy while fasting.
It is important to maintain a healthy diet during Navratri, and there are several nutritious food options available for consumption. Sweet potatoes, rajgira, sabudana, buckwheat flour, yoghurt, fruits, milk, nuts, and seeds are some of the healthy options that can be consumed during the fast. These food items are rich in essential nutrients, such as fibre, protein, vitamins, and minerals, which can help provide the body with the necessary energy and nourishment. By choosing healthy food options and staying hydrated, one can ensure a healthy and fulfilling Navratri fast.